Over the last 60 years, Rouleaux Pack has established itself as the leading manufacturer of handling rollers, drive rollers, technical rollers, drums and roller brackets.
A look back at some important dates and figures.
- 76 : Countries where Rouleaux Pack exports its products
- 1,000,000 : Number of rollers produced each year
- 20 : Turnover growth in 2017 (%)
- 90 : Rouleaux Pack employees
- 30 : Percentage of revenues from exports
- 200 : Number of production machines
- 60 : Years of experience in the manufacturing of handling rollers
- 2,600 : Customers who put their trust in us
- 1927 : Creation of “Les Forges du Lignon”, a company specialised in manufacturing bicycle free wheels, by Pierre Paquet.
- 1958 : Beginning of handling roller manufacturing, to meet the needs of local brickworks
- 1962 : Les Établissements Gauchon bought into the capital of Les Forges du Lignon.
- 1965 : Robert Gauchon took over as Chairman and MD of the company and production of free wheels was ended to develop the handling roller side of the business.
- 1985 : “Les Forges du Lignon”, until then a small skilled trade firm, became a public company, Rouleaux Pack S.A.
- 1988 : The Gauchon bought out 2 companies that manufactured drums: AMV and ORMETRA, and formed MECADRUM, headed by Thierry Gauchon.
Acquisition of a stake in a Belgian company, TRANSMECA.
Christian Gauchon took over the management of Rouleaux Pack and continued to develop the business.
- 2005 : Acquisition of a stake in a Spanish company, TRANSMECA.
- 2009 : Purchase of adjoining buildings to bring the factory to 12,000 sqm.
- 2011 : Separation of MECADRUM and Rouleaux Pack.
- 2016 : Change of ownership of the company:
- 2018 : ISO9001:2015 certification obtained.
- 2018 : Rouleaux Pack became the leader on the French market.
- 2019 : 2 JV projects in the pipeline; plans to renovate/extend the offices.